Wednesday, April 02, 2008


The buffered output stream-related bug is solved! Turned out it was a bad patch in bug 363986 that caused it. Thanks Valgrind, if you weren't an inanimate blob of bits I would kiss you! (I may print out the code and roll around naked on the pages as a substitute.) And I have my first main tree patch; 4 lines, but it's still a Big Deal™ to me personally.

In other news, I managed to hose my OpenSUSE 10.2 install by upgrading GTK+ and some other bits and bobs, so I installed Ubuntu 7.10 yesterday. The debug builds still run which is totally sweetpickles. Feels faster, too. I hope build times decrease.

No comments: